Equine Stud Vet – Mat Cover
Date PostedNovember 15, 2023
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced equine stud vet for the 2024 breeding season with experience of:
- AI with fresh, chilled and frozen semen
- Embryo Transfer work
- Semen collection and processing
- Neonatal foal care
They are a busy AI centre with a varied client base serving both amateur and professional breeders.
About the Role:
Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in stud work. They need a dynamic team player, who possesses the ambition and enthusiasm to contribute to our reputation and can offer the best possible service to our clients.
40 hours per week, flexible work pattern possible, no OOH rota requirement during stud season from April to August, but successful applicant would be expected to fulfil weekend stud work as required with support from other team members. Out of stud season you would be expected to join the OOH rota for evenings/weekends.
Mobile digital imaging equipment is available for working up ambulatory cases and you will be supported by the team at our referral hospital with excellent facilities including MRI, Scintigraphy and CT.
With a start date of March 2024, ideally we would like to recruit a candidate who can fulfil the stud role from April to August and continue as part of their ambulatory team for the rest of the year, however for the right candidate they are open to it being a stud season only role.
About the Practice:
They are a long-established practice on the outskirts of Oakham, Rutland. Their premises are purpose built and set in 8.5 acres surrounded by rural countryside, with easy access to main transport links.
They are very proud to have accredited hospital status by the RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) and offer a complete veterinary service from routine vaccinations to specialist surgery and diagnostic imaging. They also have a clinical association with The University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science giving them access to leading specialists at the vet school on a daily basis.
The hospital team is led by their 3 clinical directors who are supported by a team of 5 assistant vets, 3 interns and 10 nurses. They have two in house surgeons along with a surgical resident. In addition they also have a clinical association with The University of Nottingham School of Veterinary Medicine and Science meaning they have vets permanently based with them that provide veterinary care in both medicine and sport horse medicine.
The clinical staff are supported by a team of 6 office staff, a lab technician, HR manager and the equine practice director.
The successful candidate will have the back-up of our expert hospital teams – diploma holders, certified surgeons, residents, interns- and our dedicated, qualified nursing staff.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care