Date PostedNovember 7, 2023
Offered Salary£36000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Are you a dedicated and experienced nurse looking for an opportunity to excel in a challenging yet rewarding role? Our client is seeking a compassionate and highly skilled HDU Nurse to join their exceptional team in delivering top-quality clinical and client care.
About the Role:
As HDU Nurse, your general responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with their HDU team and hospital staff to ensure the highest standard of individualised patient care.
- Comply with RCVS CoPC, focusing on CPD and Clinical Governance.
- Utilise your expertise in emergency or referral settings.
- Master advanced emergency and critical care procedures and therapies.
- Organise and prioritise workloads efficiently.
- Work harmoniously within a small team, multitasking effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strive to deliver a high-quality client and patient-focused service that exceeds expectations.
- Remain calm and focused in stressful or emergency situations.
- Show a willingness to embrace the advancement of knowledge and skills through training and professional development.
- Display an interest in evidence-based veterinary medicine and contribute to professional discussions and research.
Due to the nature of the role, their successful applicant will be a qualified RVN with prior experience in an Emergency or Referral setting.
This is a full-time position, equating to 40hrs/week on average, over a 4-day or 5-day working week at your preference. There is a 1:6 weekend rota with time off in lieu, and there are no OOHs or on-call. There is a bank holiday rota, which you will work approximately 2 days per year.
About the Practice:
Situated just outside of High Wycombe (J4, M40), Buckinghamshire, our client is a purpose-built, state-of-the-art veterinary hospital that provides the latest in cutting-edge, specialist treatments for cats and dogs, supported by an exceptional rehabilitation and physiotherapy facility. Their hospital has seen significant growth within their team, services and facilities since they opened, and are currently undergoing further expansion.
They deliver world-class exemplary clinical services, with a clear focus on the people that make that a reality. By nurturing their workforce, they are able to offer the very best services to the pets entrusted into their care, as well as to their owners.
They were born of the belief that there is room for a new wave of veterinary excellence across the UK. There is a strong focus on providing a personal and reassuring client experience, from first contact through to discharge. Excellent clinical care, delivered in a friendly and supportive manner to Referral Vets, is paramount to the team.
The hospital is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is able to offer the most advanced treatment options available for Orthopaedic, Neurology, Soft Tissue, Oncology and Internal Medicine cases. There is a 1.5T high-field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerised tomography (CT) suite on-site, and the hospital has invested in the latest direct digital radiography systems (also known as radiographs or X-rays) (DR). They routinely use computerised gait analysis to aid in the diagnosis of complex multi-limb lameness and employ the same technology to monitor recovery from surgery. This individual approach to post-operative rehabilitation optimises outcomes and shortens recovery times. Despite working within such a large team, they pride themselves on maintaining a friendly and supportive culture with a focus on development, clinical excellence and gold standard patient care.
Their dedicated team is gearing up to introduce a state-of-the-art HDU unit, a remarkable addition that significantly elevates the level of care and support they can offer to their valued patients. This exciting enhancement is a testament to their steadfast commitment to their well-being and recovery. With cutting-edge technology and a compassionate approach, they’re setting new standards in patient care excellence. Their new facility will be staffed with a dedicated team, whose primary focus will be to cater for all their patient’s specific needs.
Because Their Employees Matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive salary up to £36,000pa, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service.
- Your birthday as a paid day off.
- £1500 relocation allowance.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership.
- Non-accidental injury support.
- £550 CPD allowance with 30 hours paid pro rata.
- Certificate support.
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy.
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding.
- Infection, Prevention and Control Programme.
- Quality Improvement Programme.
- VDS cover.
- RCVS fees.
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers.
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer.
- Discounted staff pet care.