Head Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 8, 2023
Offered Salary£35000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and supportive team in Leyton.
About the Role:
The role will include:
- Working closely with the practice manager and clinical directors to ensure practice runs smoothly.
- Management of the nursing team including rotas, development and CPD, return to work, and performance reviews.
- Assisting with clinical audits and practice standards improvements.
- Half a day dedicated admin away from clinical duties
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
The role involves working Monday to Friday, 36-40 hours, with the possibility of a 4-day week and flexibility on hours as long as practice adequately staffed. The practice is open from 8:00am-7:30pm and hours will vary. There will be 1 in 6 weekends or less and there are no out of hours or Sundays.
About the Practice:
They are a RCVS accredited small animal practice based in Leyton. They have been a Veterinary Nurse Training Practice for many years, and they provide services for companion pets, such as cats, dogs, rabbits and other small furries. Their practice hosts a wide range of equipment such as X-ray, Ultrasound, Dental X-ray machine and an in-house biochemistry machine.
They are always looking to increase their utilisation and are happy to fund certificates and help nurses start doing schedule 3 procedures. They are easily accessible to excellent transport links into Central London and there are plenty of shops nearby.
Their team currently consists of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants and 3 Receptionists. They have 1 Vet with a certificate in medicine and 1 Vet with an interest in dentistry. They work with the local animal charities and have previously made donations to show their support.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.