Date PostedOctober 30, 2023
Offered Salary£60000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client is looking for a Farm/Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. They have an interesting and varied equine and farm animal caseload with expertise in orthopaedics, reproduction, medicine and surgery, with scope for the successful candidate to excel in areas of interest.
About the Role:
Many of their vets have young families and so they understand the challenges of balancing work and family life. They pride themselves on their flexible approach which enables all of their colleagues to enjoy a good work life balance. They offer flexible working patterns for both their full-time and part-time colleagues. A full-time position will include working 40 hours per week over 4 days between Monday and Friday with out-of-hours/on call of 1 night per week and 1 in 4 weekends.
About the Practice:
They have a smart purpose-built practice with hospitalisation and surgical facilities for equines and farm animals on the outskirts of the beautiful city of Ely, within easy reach of London via direct train links and close to airports. They have all the usual toys and are keen on investing in new equipment, technologies and ideas.
Currently they have 9 Veterinary Surgeons with 2 of those being certificate holders. They also have 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 5 Support Staff. They are looking for a fellow enthusiast to join their dynamic team. They support local charities and have recently been on a 10km charity run with many members of the practice taking part.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.