Night Veterinary Surgeon
Date PostedNovember 14, 2023
Offered Salary£75000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our well-established night service client is looking for a Night Veterinary Surgeon to join their highly motivated team. The role is focused on the emergency and hospital care of a great variety of cases. You will work closely with their day team to ensure our patients have gold-standard healthcare.
About the Role:
The salary will be up to £75,000 depending on experience. They are happy to offer new hires a welcome bonus of £5,000 (pro rata) and a relocation allowance up to £5,000.
Throughout the night you will be working with one of their experienced dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurses who will take phone calls, triage, care for in-patients and support you during procedures.
You must enjoy client communication and be able to enhance the client bond through explanation and a warm, compassionate approach.
About the Practice:
They take pride in the work that they do and that’s why they are committed to investing in the career progression of their team. Working towards an ECC Certificate accreditation would be fully supported.
Work/life balance is ever more important in this changing world and so they are happy and eager to discuss working patterns to suit your needs and lifestyle.
They have a wide range of equipment available to you at all times including:
- Philips iu22 Abdominal Ultrasound
- Philips ie33 Cardiac Ultrasound
- Range of digital endoscopy
- Multiparameter monitoring including capnography & blood pressure at all stations
- Range of Idexx lab equipment
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks holiday + BH + LS + Birthday
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,750 CPD allowance with up to 36 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support- time off and financial support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.