Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
NSV - The Vet Recruiter
A fully-independent RCVS SAGP-accredited small animal practice located in beautiful seaside Sidmouth, part of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage site is seeking an amazing new vet!
They currently have 4 Vets (one of whom is working towards a CertAVP in Internal Medicine), 3 experienced RVNs with competent and understanding support staff including an SVN, ANA, receptionist, and an RVN practice manager supporting.
A family-feel team with a loyal client base they support their colleagues and endeavour to provide gold-standard care to their patients.
They allow clinical freedom to manage and work up your own cases with 20-minute consults as standard and support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise.
• Truly independent – 100% owned by their own head vet with no sales targets and no restrictions on choice of medicines.
• Two well-equipped sites in glorious rural Devon, each with capnography, digital X-ray, colour doppler ultrasound, ECG, full in-house lab, digital tonometry, cloud PMS and auto-stocking
• They actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages of your career with a generous CPD, travel and accommodation allowance.
• About twenty minutes from Exeter airport and Exmouth’s watersports hub, twenty-five minutes from Exeter city-centre and M5 motorway – 50 mins from Dartmoor national park and Cornwall
What they are looking for:
• A passionate individual, preferably with at least one year’s experience in small animal practice.
• You should enjoy working in general practice and have an ambition to do the very best possible for their valued patients and clients.
• You should be competent in routine surgeries, consultations and dealing with common emergencies.
• The ideal candidate would be a superb communicator, with a friendly personality who is enthusiastic, positive and capable with a great sense of humour.
• A specific interest in Feline Medicine or Behaviour would be welcome as they hope to achieve gold standard ISFM cat-friendly clinic status at their new premises.
• Permanent contract, full-time or part-time considered – up to 40 hours a week over 4 days.
• Someone ready to join a very-easy 1 in 4 OOH cover rota. They are proud to cover all their own OOH and hospitalisation services. Take Monday off after a weekend on call.
• The role will have you working at both of their branches, like the rest of the team, with two vets on site 90% of the time.
• Supportive team and head vet who are always willing to help you out if needed, including OOH