Registered Head Equine Veterinary Nurse
thevetrecruite1 NSV - Veterinary Recruitment
This practice is looking for a self-motivated individual to work as Head Nurse within the nursing team of their busy equine hospital in Knutsford, Cheshire which was recently voted ‘The Best Equine Vets in the UK’ for the second year running.
This clinic is a busy, recently expanded equine hospital which services a wide variety of clients ranging from professional sports horses to family pets. Onsite facilities include a large operating theatre, a diagnostic imaging suite with digital radiography, ultrasonography and video endoscopy, an isolation unit, and a standing MRI scanner. A.I. facilities include stallion collection and foal nursing.
The successful candidate will have exceptional horse handling skills, be able to fulfil onsite out-of-hours cover required (1:6) and work with enthusiasm and care. They will lead the nursing team with responsibility for creating and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care and professional performance.
They are a RCVS approved training practice with excellent facilities where ongoing CPD is encouraged, and the job holder will have the opportunity to act as a Clinical Coach and provide support for student nurses.
- Starting salary £26,812 per annum
- Twice a year discretionary bonus scheme
- 30 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays) opportunity to buy or sell extra days
- Healthshield benefits (money back towards general wellbeing costs)
- Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay
- Fun social events
- Dedicated Reception teams so you can focus on nursing duties
- CPD 3 days / £600 per annum plus potential for extra qualifications
- Clinical Coaching opportunities
- Full-time role with a 37.5-hour week.