Veterinarian – Small Animal
thevetrecruite1 NSV - Veterinary Recruitment
They are family-owned and offer a nurturing environment for you to grow in this role. To complement their very generous remuneration package, they have additional benefits such as flexible working arrangements, and most importantly, a culture of support for their people. Most members of their staff have been with us for many years!
Joining this practice means that you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most innovative, progressive veterinary clinics dedicated to best practice and the advancement of veterinary medicine. Committed to minimally invasive surgery, they pride themselves on being at the forefront of this emerging technology.
They have unique partnerships with veterinary (local and international) and human specialists in the areas of gastroenterology, radiation oncology, surgery and anaesthesia, the collaboration with whom, is intellectually stimulating and fun!
They offer laparoscopic desexing, ultrasound, CT, digital x-ray and all the latest technology including Ligasure and Cayman surgical handpieces supported by a remarkable, well-trained team of nurses.
What the team members say:
“The owner’s ambitious vision means the practice is always changing as we add new technology and skills learnt through continuous education and international conferences to the repertoire of services we can offer. One example is our single-port laparoscopy ovariectomy – you’ll never have to sweat about desexing a fat lab in heat again!” – Dr Ben, Superintendent Veterinarian.
About The Role
As a Veterinary Professional you already have a pretty good idea as to the day-to-day requirements of being a great Veterinarian. Here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing to together with the rest of the team:
- Upskilling in the area of laparoscopy and learning about advanced imaging like CT
- Participation in ‘Weight Gain Wednesday’ as a time to breathe, unplug and interact with colleagues over copious amounts of food and drinks. It’s common to see nurses chatting to cleaners and kennel hands that normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to converse in the course of their week-to-week tasks. They have vets talking about non-vet stuff with each other also which is a rarity! This is a time when weekend plans are made with each other.
- Joining the community events (if desired), like local markets and pop-up clinics to engage with team in public
- Through Project HoPe, you’ll have the opportunity to flex your ethics muscles and give back to the companions of the homeless that are escaping domestic violence.
Project HoPe looks after the surgical and medical needs of the companions of the homeless. Each of their staff must have a desire to use their heart, mind and skills to save the lives of the pets of Sydney’s least fortunate – those living rough on the streets.
This community they look after have often lost everything and the little heartbeat at their feet is all they have to wake up for in the morning.
- You want to hone your skills and be an incredible generalist
- You have an enquiring and inquisitive mind
- Understand the importance of good service and that people want to know ‘how much you CARE’ before knowing ‘how much you KNOW’
- You will have a positive outlook on life and like to surround yourself with happiness
Exceptional and confident recent Graduates are welcome to apply, as are experienced Vets, and job share applicants will also be considered.
They are also sponsorship visa approved so would welcome suitably qualified overseas candidates.
They operate clinics in St Peters, Surry Hills and Bellevue Hill and all are well-located and easily accessible. Plenty of parking and close to transport makes it easy to get to work. Great schools are located near all clinics, so this role would also be convenient for mothers and fathers with children returning to work.
- Generous CPD allowance and paid travel to conferences/events
- Flexible working hours
- Fresh fruit each week and a weekday team lunch
- An open dog policy means we welcome you to bring your dog to work every day!
It’s Time To Apply
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click on the Apply Now button to email your Cover Letter and CV to Craig for a confidential discussion.