Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 6, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
They have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team at Deepdale Veterinary Centre.
About the Role:
The duties of this role include (but not limited to):Admit & discharge patients
- Theatre, kennel, lab, prep room, dispensary, and x-ray duties
- Nurse Clinics
- Stock control
- Adhere to SOP’s
- Some reception duties (mainly holiday cover if needed)
- Assistance with work experience students
- Cleaning and maintenance of the surgery and equipment
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. The full-time rota for this role is 40 hours per week over 4/5 days with flexible shifts between 8am-7pm however if you have a certain shift pattern in mind come and chat to us! You will also have a share in 1:4 Saturday shifts, 8am-1pm and there is OOH required.
About the Practice:
They are a forward thinking, purpose built veterinary practice set in rural Bedfordshire. They are a busy practice with a very loyal client base. They have a very friendly and experienced clinical team, with a great sense of humour too! Their surgery is 2 miles from Sandy Train Station and 1 mile from Potton Town. They have excellent onsite facilities such as in-house lab, digital x-ray, new ultrasound machine, new endoscope and two theatres. We also have a bespoke Pet Health Plan for our clients.
Their team consists of 4 registered veterinary nurses, 2 full-time and 2 part-time Receptionists and Assistant Practice Manager. They also have our own animal charity that they raise funds to help those who are struggling financially. As a team they like to socialise out of work and also enjoy regular pizza, cheese board and cake days!!
Because our employee’s matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.