The Society for Companion Animal Studies (SCAS) is delighted to announce that the second round of its three-year funding scheme, to support research which furthers our understanding of the human-animal bond, is now open for application.
SCAS is passionate about pets in housing issues and, having campaigned for positive pet policies for over 40 years, this year it has been decided that for funding to be considered by SCAS, projects or research must be specifically related to this subject, particularly projects looking at:
- The impact of current, or historic, pet related housing legislation.
- An assessment of incident, type and cost of damage caused by pets in housing.
- The views of landlords, care institution or housing association staff, in relation to pets and housing.
- Stakeholder perceptions of pets and housing insurance schemes.
There are 8 funding grants available:
- 5 x £10,000 maximum pump priming research awards
- 2 x £1,500 undergraduate students project award
- 1 x £1,500 maximum funding to support open access publication of research relating to pets in housing
Projects should last no longer than 12 months, be able to demonstrate clearly how the proposal meets the objectives, outline plans for future development and be able to start by the 1 September 2021. The call for funding closes on the 30 April 2021.
More information can be found at https://www.scas.org.uk/scas-funding-opportunities-2021/