Branch Head Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 27, 2023
Offered Salary£33000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is excited to welcome a Branch Head Nurse to their amazing line-up, providing amazing care, every day. No two days are the same for an RVN at Kingston Vets, especially when you are a branch head. The Branch Head will be the eyes and ears for the branch, ensuring that the clients; pets, and staff all receive the best experience in practice that they can.
About the Role:
Their RVNs run clinics every day of the week for second adult vaccinations, flea and worming, nail clipping, puppy and kitten chats, and many more. The Thorngumbald branch carries out routine surgery and their RVNs ensure these days run smoothly and keep their patients well cared for. This is a great opportunity to develop your nursing and management skill set. Managerial-wise, you will be expected to lead the branch team in a positive and inspirational way, resulting in the team feeling empowered and satisfied in their job roles.
4 x 10-hour days a week; 1 in 4 Saturdays as part of the 4-day working week. No out-of-hour work
About the Practice:
They are constantly striving to ensure RVNs gain the recognition you all deserve; hence a large part of the role will be carrying out a diverse selection of clinic work. The group have five well-equipped branch surgeries which are supported by a fantastic Tier 3 Hospital. The Park Street hospital has been recently extended to create additional theatre space, enabling advanced techniques to be offered, such as keyhole surgeries and fracture repairs, now comprising separate laparoscopic, orthopaedic and soft tissue theatres, as well as diagnostic suite.
Equipment available includes colour doppler ultrasound, Endoscopy suite with multiple scopes available. Laparoscopy, digital radiography, CT and MRI are all available on-site. Full lab equipment including lactate, ionised calcium, coags, as well as slit lamp and tonopen.
They regularly perform TPLO surgery, advanced fracture repair and advanced soft tissue surgery, and have all the necessary surgical equipment needed.
Their dedicated dental branch houses two complete dental suites and performs all the dentistry for the practice.
The Thorngumbald team are a close knit, friendly and experienced team near to the East Yorkshire Coastline, a coastline with remote stretches of sandy beaches, backed with cliffs and dunes.
Thorngumbald is a friendly village which runs frequent local events that their branch participates in, being integral to the local community.
Because our employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care