Equine Veterinary Nurse / Vet Tech
Date PostedApril 14, 2023
Expiration dateJanuary 11, 2034
** NO ON-CALL OR WEEKENDS **
We have a vacancy for an EVN to join this team based in Devon.
About the Practice:
This is a 5 vet ambulatory practice with one nurse and as such there is considerable responsibility with this position. They require someone self-motivated and organised to run their small laboratory plus manage any samples sent to external labs, maintenance of veterinary equipment as well as managing the pharmacy and stock control.
Their nurse also accompanies vets on visits to assist with radiography and gastroscopy and any other procedures which require another pair of hands! There is also opportunity for sole nurse visits for laser treatments etc for candidates with suitable experience and confidence.
There is a significant proportion of reproduction work over the summer and any experience in this sector would be an advantage although they are happy to fund any CPD which furthers knowledge that is useful to the practice – for example, frozen semen handling, laboratory work specific to breeding.
They are a friendly team and all their support staff have been with the practice for a long time.
This position may suit someone who has been part of a hospital environment but has had enough of night checks and weekends as this is a position with no on-call or weekends. Ideally, we should like someone full time, but there may be some flexibility with working hours for the right person.
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £600.00 CPD Allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- One other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.