Head Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedMay 19, 2023
Offered Salary£34000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 11, 2034
We have a fantastic opportunity for a role in leadership to help manage the nursing team in Cheadle, Stockport.
About the Practice:
We are looking for a passionate individual and enthusiastic team player with proven management and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be a conscientious, dedicated and caring Registered Veterinary Nurse who will share the Head Nurse role with their existing Head Nurse. They will work collaboratively to manage, develop and support the nursing team within their largest first opinion branch, whilst working with the other senior leaders in the practice.
They perform both routine and advanced surgical procedures, are well equipped with digital radiography (including dental), ultrasound and endoscopy and can cater to most of our patients’ needs. They are fully supported by a eferral hospital a 5-minute drive away.
They offer a supportive learning environment for their nurses, CPD is encouraged and funded. Many of their nurses have achieved or are working towards certificates in further studies (anaesthesia, surgery, dentistry) and/or advanced diplomas. They host regular in-house CPD, hold ‘Clinical Club’ meetings every 3 months and the nurses are heavily involved in the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme, infection control, health and safety and quality improvement.
About the Role:
This role is ideally full time (at least 4 working days per week) but flexible working options will be considered.
A typical candidate should have:
- RVN status
- Proven leadership skills, preferably with experience of managing people.
- Passion for supporting others
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop others
- Confidence in decision making
- Comfortable working closely with another in the same role
Holiday entitlement is 22 days per annum plus bank holidays pro rata.
Salary is £34,000 per annum pro rata, depending on experience.
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage. You will be enrolled onto the scheme within your first two months of employment
- Salary Sacrifice auto-enrolment pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opt in private health care
- Generous pet discount for our practice teams
- CPD – encouraged and funded
- RCVS Registration fees paid
- More than 4 weeks holiday entitlement
- Enhanced parental leave
- Buy and Sell holiday
- VDS is also paid for clinical team
- Life Insurance at 1x annual salary
- 1 day paid volunteering leave, pro rata for part time colleagues