Registered Veterinary Nurse
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a first opinion practice, based in the beautiful Penzance, Cornwall, famous for its seaside paradise where quaint cottages crowd tiny harbours, fishing towns and coves.
About the Practice:
The practice has undergone a lot of work in the last couple of years as they appreciate veterinary knowledge and technology is always moving forward. They are determined to stay at the forefront of the field! The commitment to improvement has seen them develop what they believe to be the best veterinary facilities in the area, which include dentistry, x rays, ultrasound, endoscopy, full in-house diagnostic laboratory and much more to allow you to offer the highest standard of care to your patients.
The team are a close-knit bunch, and they pride themselves on working as a team and like to think that their family environment extends to patients and clients too. You would be joining a team of four nurses, six trainee nurses and five small animal vets.
About the Role:
- 40 hours per week
- 1 in 8 weekends and 1 in 8 weeks of night, when on nights there will be no work in the day, time off in lieu is given
- For anti-social hours (OOH) worked, a bonus will be paid
- Shifts include – one week 8:00am to 16.30pm, one week 10am to 18:30pm.
- Veterinary Nursing: 1 year (preferred)
- Licence/Certification: RCVS (preferred)
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £600.00 CPD Allowance per annum
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- One other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities