Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedSeptember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 20, 2033
Our client is looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with a great level of practical skills and an ability to work alone and as part of a team. The wellbeing of their team is important to them, so being a team player is a crucial attribute. The successful candidate will be empathetic and efficient and encourage candidates with all range of experience to apply as full support will be provided by the team. Their nurses work across all nursing activities including anaesthesia and theatre, diagnostics including radiography and laboratory work, inpatient duties and nurse consultations; in addition to assisting their Veterinary Surgeons during procedures and consultations.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Their nursing rota consists of working 40 hours per week over 5 days plus 1:3 weekends. The shifts are between 8:30am-7:30pm with Saturdays being from 8:30am-12:30pm. Out of hours is not required.
Their Nurses work closely with their Vets and Support staff to ensure the best possible care is provided. Their Nurses are well respected and fully supported so extra training can be given to someone looking to return to nursing, or just starting their nursing career. You will be encouraged to pursue special interests and CPD. They are a Training Practice so encourage and support Nurses to be involved in Nurse training. They pride themselves in encouraging Nurses to complete schedule 3 procedures.
About the Practice:
They are a busy small animal town practice, with a progressive attitude that takes pride in the high standards of care that we provide. Their nursing team, led by their Head Nurse is particularly keen on pain management and local anaesthesia techniques and is happy to share this with colleagues! They have recently invested in dental x-ray and a new dental suite, alongside the usual gadgets such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, tonopen, multiparameter monitoring equipment, blood haematology and biochemistry, bair huggers and blood pressure machines. Being in Luton they are close to the airport with fast links to London and motorways.
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer