Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedSeptember 29, 2023
Offered Salary£33000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 19, 2034
This is an exciting opportunity to join the brilliant nursing team of our client. They offer varied roles, with your working day involving a mix of theatre work, kennels, laboratory duties, and nurse clinics, all of which are shared equally amongst the team. There will also of course be some client care and administrative duties.
About the Role:
Their vacancy is a full-time position, their nurses work a 4-day week with a fixed day off, allowing for excellent work life balance. Weekday shifts range between 8:00am – 18:00pm, 8:30pm – 18.30pm or 9:00am – 19:15pm. Plus a weekend rota of 1:4 Saturdays, working one Saturday 8:30am-13:30pm then one 8:30am-12:30pm, with no OOH or Bank Holiday work. If you are seeking part-time work they’d still love to hear from you!
About the Practice:
PSS accredited (General Practice) and a Veterinary Nurse Training Centre, they are dedicated to high-quality care. They are well equipped with excellent digital X-ray facilities, high quality ultrasound, dental X-ray, iM3 dental station and up to date anaesthetic monitoring, along with regularly updated, team- driven policies and protocols to ensure standards are met whilst also maintaining job satisfaction.
Their in-house laboratory includes a full range of IDEXX analysers, Class IV K-laser used both post operatively and during VN clinics. Separate cattery, kennel and isolation areas plus an outdoor exercise area offer excellent inpatient facilities.
Due to being well-established, they have excellent relationships with other clinical groups in the area. They pride themselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help them do that they have access to excellent facilities across the group.
They have a dedicated and supportive team and a fantastic practice lead. They strongly encourage their people to pursue any specific interests and a big part of their ethos is the belief in further learning for everyone, and they have opportunities to progress into leadership should that be a desired future goal. They have 3 experienced Vets, they have 6 wonderful RVNs and an invaluable support team of 5.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care