Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedOctober 17, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 25, 2034
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to cover maternity leave at their Hagley branch.
About the Role:
They use their nurses to their full capacity during the working day. Nurses are encouraged to specialise in their chosen area with a generous CPD allowance. Their nurses run a range of clinics and will take on duties including lab work, varied kennel and theatre requirements. The start date for this role is likely to be June 2023.
The rota will include working Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week. The shifts are either from 8:00am- 4:00pm or 11.30am-7.30pm. Weekends are on a rota basis and 1 bank holiday day per year. There is no out of hours.
About the Practice:
As a practice, they are very client-focused and strive to constantly excel in customer service. They are a 12 Vet equivalent, 4-branch small animals practice based in Worcestershire. They have a happy, forward-thinking team of Vets, Nurses and Support Staff as well as state-of-the-art facilities. These include sterile operating theatres, separate dog/cat kennels at Hagley, and all practices use digital & dental x-rays, ultrasound and endoscopy equipment.
Hagley has 3 Vets most days, with one operating from 9:00am, nursing team 3 qualified Nurses and 1 Veterinary Care Assistant. They are a small hardworking, friendly team that love to socialise outside of work allowing you to get to know the team better.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 5 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care