Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 7, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team at Thrapston on a permanent basis! Their Nurses are rota’d to set shifts per day including ops nurse, inpatient nurse, consulting nurse, and floating nurse.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
They have some nurses that work 4 long days and some that work 4.5 days slightly shorter a week so they can be slightly flexible with this. The opening hours are from 8.00am-7.00pm. There will be 1 in 4 Saturdays morning which are currently from 8.30am-12.30pm. There are no out of hours. They are happy to speak to both full and part-time candidates for this role.
About the Practice:
Thrapston is a beautiful market town in Northamptonshire with excellent transport links within the neighbouring city of Peterborough. While so close to the convenience of the city, Thrapston promotes a beautiful countryside lifestyle with many lovely little coffee shops, boutiques etc. Our client is a lovely small animal practice with great equipment and facilities including Xray, ultrasound, inhouse lab machines. They are part of a 5-site group (Sampson Park) so there is a brilliant opportunity for learning.
Currently they have 2/3 Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistants and a full Reception team. They take part in local events such as dog shows and they pride themselves in focusing on wellbeing and team engagement.
Because our employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.