Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 27, 2023
Offered Salary£30000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and confident Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. Duties include nurse consults, anaesthesia, inpatient care, lab work, schedule 3 (with training), reception work (this will be minimal) as well as taking on individual tasks such as being in charge of the isolation and being the infection control designated persons.
About the Role:
They would welcome both full-time and part-time applicants. The full-time position is typically 40 hours over 4 or 5 days per week with a combination of earlies from 8 am – 4:30 pm and lates from 11 am – 7:30 pm. It also involves 1:4 Saturday mornings and there is no OOH. They value their nurses and recognise the integral part they play within their teams, which is why they are able to offer flexible working hours. Whether you are looking for condensed hours/days, or hours around school runs/hobbies, they can offer true flexibility that works for you.
About the Practice:
They are a first-opinion, SA practice and they are conveniently situated in the lovely high street of Woodley – Just a 10-minute walk to and from the train station, with easy links to London. Their facility is large and modern with 4 consult rooms: a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room and a large modern theatre and prep room. This is a unique opportunity to join a super-friendly team and work in a supportive environment that offers the scope for further development in your chosen area of interest.
Their practice is a 3-Vet team with 3 RVNS, 2 SVNS and 1 ANA, who are all supported by our wonderful reception team and dedicated Practice Principal. Their Head Vet is currently working towards securing a surgery certificate and their Practice Principle is working towards a medical nursing certificate. Their team are passionate about providing gold-standard care to their clients and their pets and they have a strong ethos of teamwork and communication.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care