Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 29, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for a dedicated and committed Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
About the Role:
The role will include:
- Admit and discharge patients for routine operations.
- Keep up to date with preventative healthcare, product knowledge and practice policies so clients can be advised accurately.
- Run nurse clinics.
- Ensure correct disposal of clinical waste.
- Ensure all SOP’s are adhered to in all areas of work at all times to include; surgical nursing, inpatient nursing, nursing clinics and weekend duties.
- Ensure effective stock control and rotation.
- Ensure the highest standard of nursing care is delivered to all patients at all times.
- Maintain accurate client and patient medical records at all times to include computer updates, hospital and anaesthetic forms.
- Be fully aware of all Health & Safety issues and read all information supplied.
- Be competent and adhere to practice protocols in the following tasks; monitoring anaesthetics, venepuncture, urine collection, skin scrapes, taking/processing radiographs, performing routine laboratory procedures, maintenance of tubes and drains, gowning & gloving to assist aseptically in theatre, under veterinary direction anesthetise and intubate, scale and polish teeth, administer enemas, calculate and administer medications.
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The rota will include working 37.5 hours per week over 5 days. The shift patterns are either from 8:00am-4:00pm or 11:00am-7:00pm. There will be 1 in 4 Saturday mornings from 8:30am-12:30pm with no out of hours or bank holidays.
About the Practice:
The practice has a great location just minutes from the M57, M62 and the Runcorn Bridge leading over to the Wirral and North Wales. John Lennon Airport and Liverpool City Centre are all within a few miles and we have the beautiful Lake District and busy Manchester all close by.
The practice is a single site, purpose-built, small animal practice with 6 consult rooms, an in-house laboratory, digital x-rays, ultrasound and two theatres as well as separate dog and cat wards. They are RCVS PSS accredited and a training practice. They have large car parks to the front and back of the clinic.
Their practice consists of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 5 Reception/ Support staff. They believe all of their team are important. They will listen to your ideas and support your ongoing development wherever possible. They are a close knit, friendly team.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.