Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Date PostedApril 14, 2023
Offered Salary£34000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 11, 2034
Are you a SA Vet about to start your career or looking to start a new chapter? Then we would love to hear from you!
About the Practice:
This practice has a team of 8 vets with a range of experience and varied interests working in a purpose-built RCVS accredited SA hospital in County Durham supported by an enthusiastic team all working together to make life better for patients and their families.
If you enjoy the great outdoors, they can offer not only the beautiful beaches of the Northumberland coastline, but the North Pennines are on our doorstep and the Lake District is reached in just over 1 hour by car. The historic cities of Durham and Newcastle are sure to captivate you too.
About the Role:
- 4-day week
- Share of Saturdays 9-3pm
- Share of nights and weekends OOH until 10pm with support from other vets and OOH provider
- Part-time applicants also considered
- Nursing staff on site for OOH inpatient care
- Well-equipped In-house Lab, digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, laparoscopy
- ISFM Cat friendly Clinic Gold Award
- Small/Medium Business of the Year County Durham Together Awards 2021
- VDS and RCVS fees paid
- CPD actively supported and funded
- 2 vets currently with Cert AVP and 2 more working towards theirs
- Several staff already completed VetGDP Advisor training and long-standing culture of support and mentoring for new graduates.
New Graduate starting salary £34,000 (increasing with experience).