Theatre Nurse Team Leader
Date PostedApril 20, 2023
Offered Salary£34000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 18, 2034
We have an exciting opportunity within a nursing team for a Theatre Nurse Team Leader to join this practice on a full-time basis.
About the Practice:
The Theatre Team is made up of 8 Theatre Nurses, 6 Theatre Supports and a large team of Surgeons (Specialists, Residents & Interns) in soft tissue, orthopaedics, neurology and ophthalmology, with the support of the anaesthesia team.
The strength within the team promises access to leading-edge specialist knowledge, as well as an advanced and varied caseload, providing an unparalleled opportunity to develop your clinical and management skills. They currently have 5 theatres, with plans to expand to 7 next year, and advanced imaging facilities including CT, MRI, digital x-ray, ultrasound and endoscopy. Despite working within such a large team, they pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and supportive culture with a focus on development, clinical excellence and gold-standard patient care.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be a Registered Veterinary Nurse with strong leadership experience and knowledge of working in theatre and anaesthesia within a referral hospital environment.
- Full-time (38 or 40hr working week considered) over a 4-day working week
- 1:6 weekends
- On-call rota for referral anaesthetics only, which is supplemented at an increased hourly rate if called out.
- Salary of up to £34,000pa pro rata for this position, plus extensive company benefits.
In addition to working within the theatre department on your own procedures, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring stock and equipment are maintained
- Protocols are kept up to date
- Ensuring the theatre department runs smoothly and efficiently.
In addition to your clinical responsibilities, you will also be the team leader for a team of 14 theatre nurses and theatre support. As such, you will be there to inspire and motivate the team, as well as provide clinical training and ensure your team is on track with their personal development.
Working in a senior role within a fast-paced referral hospital, you should possess excellent communication skills to ensure effective liaison with the rest of the team to maximise efficiency of workflow within the theatre team and the rest of the hospital.
This practice are committed to providing outstanding development opportunities to their RVNs, and one example of this is their in-house Advanced Anaesthesia Programme, where their nurses have the opportunity to join a training and mentorship programme with their Anaesthesia Specialists. This in-house course is compatible with the VTS application process, and they will always encourage and support their team in providing further qualifications such as VTS, Diplomas and Certificates.
Due to the nature of the role, the successful applicant will:
- Be a qualified RVN with strong leadership experience and extensive knowledge of working in referral theatre/anaesthesia.
- Further qualifications in theatre, anaesthesia or management would be desirable but are not essential at this stage.
- Some experience of on-call work would be beneficial, however full training will be provided.
In addition to a competitive salary up to £34,000pa, you will benefit from:
- 4-day working week
- 6.6. weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Relocation allowance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate, Diploma and VTS support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care