Date PostedSeptember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£63000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 25, 2034
Our client is currently looking for a small animal Veterinary Surgeon to fit into their busy first opinion practice. The successful candidate will be working with more experienced Vets as well as new/recent graduates. The role will consist of a mixture of consulting, medical workups and surgery. They always try to nurture areas of interest for all their Vets.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The rota will include working 40 hours over 4 days per week (9:00am – 7:00pm working days with paid 30 min lunchbreak). They will consider part-time applicants. Saturday morning consults are on shared rota. The nurses do their evening and weekend inpatient checks, but Vets are on a rota to be available in the rare instance they are required. There will be no out of hours as this is covered by VetsNow.
About the Practice:
This is an excellent opportunity to join their modern, forward-thinking clinic, with staff who are dedicated to offering the best care to the small animal pets of Cheshire. They strive to be the leaders in their field for staff well-being and are committed to improving their practice sustainability.
Facilities include CT, ultrasound, in-house blood analysis, digital radiography, dental radiography, multiparameter monitoring, and a purpose-designed feline clinic. They are based in a semi-rural location, on the outskirts of Sandbach, Cheshire, near M6 motorway links.
Their team and their lovely client base make this practice. Altogether they have 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 11 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Receptionists, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant and 2 Admin staff. They also have a visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon with Cert Small Animal Orthopaedics FRCVS, as well as Nurse certificates in anaesthesia, ECC, medicine, surgery & feline medicine. They do lots of social activities as a team and are starting work to support their local community.
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care