Date PostedOctober 2, 2023
Offered Salary£72000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 25, 2034
Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team! The role will include a share of consultations and surgeries. Other duties will include vaccinations, dealing with emergencies, inpatients, develop treatment plans and communicate with the rest of the team. They are looking for a candidate with good communication skills, an interest in surgery and emergencies and someone who is happy to help colleagues and discuss cases.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. The rota will include working 4 or 5 days per week depending on hours/day. There will be a share in 1:4 Saturdays however there is no out of hours requirement. Shift patterns are flexible, generally from 8.15am to 6.15pm but they can accommodate depending on your preference – they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance!
About the Practice:
Our client has a newly refurbished reception and consultation rooms. They have separate dog and cat waiting areas, 4 consult rooms, lab area, separate dog and cat kennels, isolation kennel, surgery room, imaging room with x-ray and new ultrasound machine and dental room with dental x-rays. Currently they have 2 full time and 2 part time Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 5 support team members. They are happy to support certificates and encourage further training. They also work with the RSPCA.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.