Date PostedOctober 3, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 11, 2034
Our client is looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their existing team. The role includes carrying out consultations, surgeries, and diagnostics, with time for admin on a daily basis.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
They can be flexible in terms of hours, but ideally a full-time candidate would work a 40-hour week made up of a 4-day week of 10-hour days. Part-time candidates are also encouraged to apply as they are keen to offer flexible working hours for the right person. Their Vets also share a Saturday rota (mornings only) of 1 in 3 for which they get time off in lieu the following week. There are no out of hours.
About the Practice:
Our client is a single site practice in a nice bright building, with generous sized consultation rooms. Their facilities include digital x-ray, including dental x-ray (which we do routinely for dental cases), ultrasonography, tonometry, non-invasive blood pressure measurement and their lovely new multiparameter monitor includes capnography.
The practice is based in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, close to local amenities including supermarkets and restaurants as well as useful transport links including the M25, A1 and quick train routes to London. Onsite parking is also available.
Their lovely staff, some of whom have been there for around 20 years, include a team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Veterinary Nurses, a Veterinary Care Assistant as well as Receptionists and their Practice Manager. One of their Vets is studying for a surgery certificate.
They pride themselves on being friendly and approachable and love the fact that being a small practice allows good case continuity as well as the opportunity to develop productive relationships with their clients, allowing them to tailor their pet’s care to their circumstances. They also have an osteopath/physiotherapist who routinely sees cases at their practice, allowing them to offer well rounded care.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care