Date PostedOctober 23, 2023
Offered Salary£55000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role will involve some sole charge at their smaller branch, consulting (20 minute consultations), and routine surgery at the main branch. They enjoy case continuity and actively encourage Vets to work their own cases up. They have a knowledgeable team who are always happy to advise and support.
About the Role:
Ideally, they are looking for one full-time Vet or two part-time Vets on a fixed-term contract with the possibility of a permanent basis. There is time and space in the day to read up cases and call clients, so they don’t leave at the end of a day with a long to do list! Due to the sole charge, they are looking for some experience in consulting, the role will also include some surgery time, but this can be altered if you prefer the medical aspect.
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
The rota will include working 4 days per week with 1 in 5 weekends and no out of hours.
About the Practice:
They are an established 2 branch, 1st opinion practice based in the Wrexham area. They have a relaxed friendly atmosphere with a regular long standing client base and are well equipped with in house lab, digital x-ray, u/s scanner, endoscopic equipment, and digital and dental x-ray.
They also have a dedicated dental suite and exotic ward and are building a successful exotics client base, with clients travelling for miles to see them.
Their practice consists of 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 10 Registered Veterinary Nurses alongside our Support team. Their Vets have years of experience so there is good support both surgically and medically – all of them are willing to help one another and discuss cases. They support individual needs. One of their Vets is completing her surgical certificate, with another doing his exotics certificate.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.