Date PostedOctober 24, 2023
Offered Salary£70000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client is looking for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role will include consultations, surgery, and being responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the team.
About the Role:
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
The rota includes working 5 days a week Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm with no weekends or out of hours.
About the Practice:
The practice is based in Woodham Ferrers, situated 6 miles from Chelmsford City Centre, within 30 minutes of Stansted Airport and 30 minutes by train to London. The large affluent city of Chelmsford boasts historic architecture, is surrounded by picturesque countryside and is within easy reach of pretty-coastal towns and beaches.
Their busy practice provides excellent facilities and a comprehensive range of additional services including digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery. You will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload and able to establish excellent relationships with their long-standing clientele.
Currently they have 2 Small Animal Vets, 2 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 2 Support Staff.
Because their employees matter
Thet recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.