Date PostedOctober 26, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 10, 2034
Our client is looking for a dedicated and committed Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role will include working at their branch practices all within 15-20 minutes of our main hospital with occasional work in the hospital.
About the Role:
The standard working week is across 4-days, but they are open to considering a 3-day week, Saturdays will be worked on a 1:4 rota. The shift patters include start times between 8:00am-9:00am and finish times between 5:00pm-8:30pm depending on the shift. There is no requirement for OOO duties.
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
About the Practice:
They are a 5-branch brand with a main hospital in Barnet. They have facilities to include digital x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, dental x-ray & much more. They offer all kinds of surgery to include some orthopaedic. Their main hospital is in a fantastic location, and 15-20 minutes from all of our branches. They have a large team spanning across the 5 branches, with everyone sharing the load of branch work. Easy to commute into London, and easy to drive to and to park.
They currently have almost 20 Veterinary Surgeons, 23 Registered Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Care Assistants, 20 Receptionists, a Practice Manager and Admin staff. Numerous members of their team are certificate holders. Their team is fast paced and welcoming, and always happy to help other learn and grow in a nurturing environment.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- £3000 relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.