Date PostedOctober 30, 2023
Offered Salary£63000 - £63000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client is looking for an Equine/Farm Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. The role is based in a 5 Vet, mixed equine, and farm practice. The practice is around 80% equine and is ambulatory as well as clinic-based. They offer full support to the whole team including out-of-hours. They have a major focus on equine dentistry within the practice and would be happy to help teach a successful applicant if necessary.
About the Role:
Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you. This is a full-time permanent role working 4.5 days per week. There will be 1 in 4 weekends and nights involved. There is a fixed half day every week. They are open to speaking to part-time candidates.
About the Practice:
Our client is a purpose-built clinic equipped with stocks, consulting rooms, an operating theatre, digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope, gastroscope, shockwave and K-Laser. It is in a lovely rural county with big beaches and skies to match.
Currently they have 5 Veterinary Surgeons and 4 Support Staff, one of their Vets has an equine dental certificate. They supply Vets to Fakenham Racecourse and Royal Norfolk Show. Several of them have horses and ride and the vets without horses will sometimes ride out on theirs. There is a network of younger vets too as they have a small animal sister practice in the town (Summerhill Vet Centre).
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.