Date PostedOctober 31, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Small Animal Vet to join their fantastic team! Your primary responsibility will be to deliver a first-class, first-opinion veterinary service supported by their experienced, fully qualified nursing and clinical teams.
About the Role:
With the clinical freedom to follow and work up cases to a high standard, you will make a positive impact from day one and will be keen to contribute to their continued growth. Their ideal candidate will be a team player who has an interest in future progression and be competent in carrying out small animal consultations, routine and emergency surgeries and dental work. Sole charge will be required.
Their vets usually work 40 hours over 5 days per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 08.30 – 19.00. (both flexible). There are no out-of-hours requirements for this role and you will be a part of a fair weekend rota of 1 in 3 weekends, which can be taken either paid or in lieu.
About the Practice:
They are located in the historic town of Newark. They are a bustling first-opinion small animal practice catering to a diverse caseload. Located in Balderton, they have been providing Newark and the surrounding villages for many years in one form or another. Their fantastic practice is equipped with CR Xray, ultrasound, and a full internal lab.
They are a growing practice who are looking for the right candidate to join their dedicated and progressive team. 11 in total, 2 vets one of whom is working towards their certificate in Small Animal Medicine, 3 nurses, 1 student nurse and a great support team. They always aim to offer a professional, friendly, and personal service to many small animal clients. CPD is encouraged and provided in order to maintain their delivery of the most up-to-date animal care, within a practice which fully encourages and supports your development.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care