Date PostedNovember 16, 2023
Offered Salary£60000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
A rare opportunity has become available for a Veterinary Surgeon to our client’s supportive and friendly team in Kettering. You will join 4 Vets with a great support team – 5 RVN’s led by their highly experienced Head Nurse who have been with them since their opening ten years ago, 1 SVN and their super friendly reception team of 5.
About the Role:
- Flexible rota patterns to suit you, for example a 4-day week with a protected day off.
- No OOH. Saturday morning are 1in4 and you get the time back in lieu.
- Ability to accommodate a Veterinary Surgeon with either a surgical or medical bias, given their varied and diverse caseload.
- 15-minute consultations with time available to work up complex cases.
- They have the tools for basic orthopaedics if this is something of interest.
- Dedicated induction program where you are assigned with a work buddy/mentor.
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported.
- Close to local amenities and ample free onsite parking.
- They are a well-established team and their Vets have over 100 years of experience.
- Enrolment in digressionary Vet Bonus Scheme – get recognised for your efforts!
About the Practice:
Their practice offers a full range of first opinion services including orthopaedic work. They are a well-established practice that has a large client base with 4 consult rooms, separate cattery and isolation wards, digital x-ray and ultrasound, theatre suite, preparation room and an in-house laboratory. It is a fast-paced environment which strives for a high level of patient and client care. The practice has excellent transport links, including A14, M1 and a local train station, and is surrounded by beautiful parks as well as Twywell Hills and Dales.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care