Date PostedNovember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2034
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our client’s supportive and friendly team. You will be working closely with their Senior Veterinary Surgeon and Practice Principal to champion high standards of patient care within the practice. The role provides a varied consulting caseload that will allow the less experienced to hone their skills and will keep the experienced vet stimulated. Surgery is on a rotational basis within the team with an interesting mix of soft tissue surgery, imaging and dentistry planned for surgical days, this is supported by an experienced nursing team.
About the Role:
Typically, this position is full time over 5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8am-4.30pm) and late shifts (11am – 7.30pm), with 1:3 Saturdays (8.30am-12.30pm) and no OOH. They understand that one size doesn’t necessarily fit all, and so they offer flexible working patters that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking for a 4-day working week, hours around rush hour or a term time only role, they can find the right solution for you. They would welcome both full and part time applicants.
About the Practice:
Their large, purpose built practice has light and airy consult rooms, dedicated x-ray, and ultrasound room; 2 modern theatre and prep area; in house lab; dental machine and separate cattery and kennels. They also have the tools for basic orthopaedics available for suitably experienced candidates. They are based in a superb location being just a 5-minute walk from Norbury train station with plenty of shops/coffee shops on our doorstep.
Their supportive team consists of 2 Vets, 1 RVN, 1 SVN and 1ANA as well as 4 receptionists and a highly experienced Practice Principal. They strongly encourage the learning and development of their team and CPDs/regular case discussions are supported. One of their Vets is currently working towards a soft tissue certificate. Their highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to their team with Costa Fridays and their monthly practice star award celebrates their employee’s achievements.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.