Date PostedNovember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their passionate team. The role can be either solely consulting or a mix of consulting and operating. You will be mainly based at their main site however, you’ll be comfortable with occasional sole charge when cover is needed at their two other branches.
About the Role:
The rota is very flexible therefore, they are open to suggestions of working patterns that suit you. Saturday mornings (8am – 12pm) are 1:4, plus there is one 10pm check on a Friday night which is a 1:8 rota. No OOH. Both full-time and part-time candidates are encouraged to apply.
About the Practice:
They have 3 branches which have all been recently refurbished. Their main branch is in Charlton, Andover and they have 2 further branches; their Ludgershall branch runs consults and operations, and finally, their Whitchurch branch is consult-only. All 3 branches sit within a stone’s throw from the countryside, with fast links to London (car and rail) and the coast within 1hr 30mins. You also have easy access to the West Country and Wales (both within 2hrs drive).
Charlton practice comprises of 5 consulting rooms, separate dog and cat waiting area, dedicated ultrasound room, prep room, x-ray room, 2 theatres, dog kennels, cat ward and an isolation ward. Charlton houses the usual equipment including new ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, endoscopy and in-house lab.
Ludgershall has 2 consulting rooms, separate dog and cat waiting areas, a prep/theatre area, and dog and cat wards. They are very fortunate to have dental x-rays, in house lab and also an ultrasound at our Ludgershall branch.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care