Date PostedNovember 22, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. You will have access to a varied caseload including a mix of consults and surgery, which can be weighted to your preferences. You will be supported and encouraged by our experienced team of Vets and Nurses.
About the Role:
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you. A full-time role would consist of 40 hours per week. Weekday shifts will be a mixture of 09:00 – 18:30, 10:00 – 19:00 and 09:00 – 19:00. You’ll be required to cover the shared weekend rota, this is currently sitting at 1:6 (consults only). Saturdays are 09:30 – 14:00 and Sundays will be 10:00 – 13:00. There’s no out-of-hours or on-call duties required.
About the Practice:
They have a wonderful team, a fantastic client base and they work from bright, spacious practices! Their team is made up of 2 Clinical Directors, 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 RVN’s, 2 Student nurses, 1 VCA & 14 Admin and support staff. Their team members all have their own interests from equine, small animal surgery and exotics. One of their vets has a certificate in radiography and an interest in orthopaedics and another vet is hoping to start an exotics certificate shortly.
Their sites are well maintained, and the buildings are light and spacious. The practice is RCVS accredited and clinical standards are exceptionally high. They are also very proud to be a nurse training practice. Their two main sites are well equipped with full diagnostic and surgical facilities, incorporating in house lab, diagnostic ultrasound, digital radiography, dental machines, tonometers, and endoscopy. They are a group of three surgeries (1 consult only) offering predominantly small animal and equine first opinion care. They have a varied caseload, and no two days are the same! Although they do have an equine caseload this would be your choice to, or not to, be involved with. They see a good mixture of small animal consultations and surgeries including routine, preventative care and some ECC, they even see some wildlife from time to time.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive on bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.