Date PostedNovember 29, 2023
Offered Salary£70000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 16, 2026
Our client is looking for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This would be an amazing opportunity for an experienced vet surgeon looking for a new challenge – As the senior vet with sole charge, this position will give you the chance to hit the ground running and make the role your own. Duties will include consultations, surgery, and being responsible for the day-to-day running and management of the team.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. Full-time hours for this role would be Monday to Friday working 5 days a week from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and the best part? No weekend or out-of-hours requirement! They are also happy to speak to candidates looking for part-time hours.
About the Practice:
This practice is based in Woodham Ferrers, situated 6 miles from Chelmsford City Centre, within 30 minutes of Stansted Airport and 30 minutes by train to London. The large affluent city of Chelmsford boasts historic architecture, is surrounded by picturesque countryside and is within easy reach of pretty-coastal towns and beaches.
Based in a lovely purpose built practice, they have excellent on site facilities including an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray machine and ultrasound equipment for diagnostic investigation. Should a case need a specialist centre for more complicated procedures or further diagnostics such as MRI/CT, they have good relationships with several referral hospitals. They also now offer in-house medicine and orthopaedic referrals service with Andria Cauvin and James Creasey, who will come to the practice for consultations, scans, endoscopes and specialist surgery. You will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload and able to establish excellent relationships with our long-standing clientele.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.