Date PostedMarch 30, 2023
Offered Salary£40000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 25, 2034
We are seeking a Vet to join the friendly and supportive team at a small animal RCVS accredited practice during an exciting period of growth.
About the Practice:
This practice is a busy and thriving clinic with an interesting and varied caseload, no two days are the same!
They are set in a beautiful location, opposite Caerphilly Castle with a busy shopping area surrounding them. They are close to Cardiff, with South Wales’ amazing hills and Coasts on our doorstep. Ideal if you want to get out and explore.
They pride ourselves on their clinical standards and patient care. They are also a Gold Standard Cat Friendly and Dogs Trust accredited Dog friendly Practice. They are currently a four Vet team with a range of experience and expertise who are supported by an experienced and enthusiastic nursing team. Their emphasis is on client care and case continuity to build a valued rapport with patients and their owners.
They have a dedicated cat area with ISFM gold accreditation and all the usual kit (digital Xray, ultrasound, etc) and plenty of opportunities for surgical time with a high first opinion case load.
What their team have to say:
“When I came to work in Caerphilly I did find more than a job, I found a family and that is what really makes me stay here. It is a place where you always find the support you need.” – Vet
“From my point of view working here is both a pleasure and a privilege, everyone pulls together as a team and no one is left to make difficult decisions on their own. The practice has a very high standard of working and we have some really lovely clients. Of course we get the odd difficult day, but we all experience it together! The location of the practice is fantastic as it is in the centre of town with a lovely walk around the castle on our doorstep.” – Receptionist
About the Role:
- No on call and currently no weekend rota.
- Full-time is a 37-hour 4-day week, but we are very flexible and are happy to offer part-time working for the right candidate.
- Starting salary of £40k, with increase dependent on experience and hours – open to discussion.
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Cycle to Work scheme
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Company sick pay
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.